Gwinnett County, Georgia, Family Law Lawyers
Chances are that when you are facing family law legal matters, you will not be coming to us in your best emotional state. Decisions are hard to make when you are facing highly personal issues. You need an advocate who focuses on your rights while maintaining high standards of professionalism and integrity.
WE CAN HELP YOU! Contact our Lawrenceville law office at 770-962-4070.
At Daniels & Taylor, P.C., we stand by you during difficult times and help you make those difficult decisions. Our practice of family law includes the following:
- Uncontested Divorce — While the process is more cooperative, you still need a family law attorney to help with all the details of your divorce. Just because your divorce is uncontested does not mean you should forsake protecting your rights.
- Contested Divorce — Attorney Tony A. Taylor, a co-founder of our firm, has the experience to handle the most complicated and contentious of divorces. You need a strong and ethical advocate to fight for the best outcome.
- Child Custody and Modifications — Considered by many parents to be the most important issue, we work diligently to look out for the best interests of the child.
- Child Support — Money matters can turn a cooperative divorce into a courtroom battle. Our job is to gather all the facts, and calculate child support to ensure your children's needs are met now and in the future.
- Alimony — Also known as spousal maintenance, we have the experience and knowledge to help you through questions regarding monetary payments to (or from) your ex-spouse to maintain your expenses after your divorce.
- Enforcement/Contempt — If your ex-spouse is not following the divorce decree or custody order, we can assert your rights.
- Property Division — As you divorce, all property you acquired during the marriage is subject to equitable division. Our attorneys can help you with a plan to divide marital property and advise you of your legal rights.
- Paternity/Legitimation — Paternity actions are brought to establish a biological father's duty to pay child support. Legitimation actions are brought to establish a father's right to custody and parenting time. Our lawyers can help you through both actions.
- Qualified Domestic Relations Orders — As part of a property settlement, QDROs can be used to transfer or divide funds between pension plans and retirement plans.
- Domestic Violence — Domestic violence victims and those wrongly accused of the crime come to us for help. Whether we are protecting the safety of the abused or the rights of the alleged abuser, we aggressively pursue the facts and present them to the court in a clear manner.
- Fathers' Rights — The rights of fathers are becoming more prominent and accepted in our courts. In many cases, fathers can provide an equally supportive and nurturing environment for their children. We will fight to tell your side of the story and protect your rights in regard to custody, visitation and support.
- Grandparents' Rights — Like fathers, the rights of grandparents in having custody and access to their grandchildren are increasingly recognized in Georgia courts. Our attorneys work diligently to have your story heard in regard to custody and parenting time.
- Adoption — It is a joyous occasion to add a new child to a family. However, adoption can be a long and complicated road. Our attorneys can help you navigate the adoption process and avoid legal pitfalls along the way.
From our office in Lawrenceville, our lawyers represent clients in communities throughout Gwinnett County and Walton County, Georgia. Call us at 770-962-4070 or contact us by email to arrange a free consultation with one of our experienced Lawrenceville family law attorneys today.
By Tony Taylor
Divorce & Family Law
"Got the job done in a very professional manner." I knew I was going to need someone who could handle a very difficult and emotional divorce so I hired Tony Taylor and his law firm. Tony and the people in his firm got the job done in a very professional manner and I received temporary alimony and peace of mind while I waited for my final divorce. He made sure in court, for my final divorce, he was able to get me permanent alimony and half of my ex's pension so that I would have what was fair after 21 years of marriage. I highly recommend Tony Taylor and his law firm to anyone having to go through any type of divorce. S.C.
"Made a difference, and fast." Tony Taylor is sharp, well-organized, highly ethical, and aggressive in court. Like a good quarterback, he led his staff and me to win a favorable outcome. Before meeting Mr. Taylor, I had hired and fired two other family law attorneys. Tony Taylor made a difference, and fast. Within a few weeks I had temporary support coming in and it was twice the amount that the other lawyers thought was possible. I recommend this lawyer to everyone. D.C.
"He always made me feel comfortable and prepared me completely." I would like to take a moment to express my gratitude to Mr. Tony Taylor, who took my divorce case back in 1998. Without Mr. Taylor I don't think I could have weathered the storms of my long and complicated divorce. I didn't know what to expect, but he always made me feel comfortable and prepared me completely for each step of the way. Words cannot express the amount of respect I have for Mr. Taylor and his practice. Through the years I have referred countless friends and family to his practice. No matter what their needs are, I always have the full confidence that Tony will give it his all to help those closest to me because I trust him and his practice. I will be forever grateful for his support. K.D.
"One of, if not the best, family law attorneys in the State." Tony Taylor is without a doubt one of if not the best family law attorneys in the State of Georgia. I have dealt with many attorneys in my life, having gone through three divorces and two child custody wars. Tony has a brilliant legal mind that analyzes every detail and develops a winning strategy. He has southern gentleman assertive/aggressive temperament that commands respect. B.K.
"I Would Recommend Tony Taylor and His Staff to Anyone." Due to the fact that I was expecting my first child when the divorce was initiated, the process was complicated and very emotional. Tony Taylor handled my case in a professional and understanding manner. He was always sensitive to the anguish that I was experiencing at the time. Each request that I made of the staff at Daniels & Taylor was responded to in a prompt, friendly, and efficient manner. Never once did I have to wait an unreasonable time for a response to my questions, nor did I ever have a question that was not answered fully and in a way that I clearly understood. I believe that without Tony and his staff on my case I wouldn't have received a settlement that allowed me to spend two years with my son while finishing my education. I think of Tony as one of the people who made a traumatic situation better by being available and attentive to my needs as his client. I would recommend Tony Taylor and his staff to anyone who has decided to end their marriage. L.F.
"You sure as heck don't want to go up against them." Daniels & Taylor, P.C. is one of the best and fastest growing law firms in northeastern Georgia and they continue to attract, recruit, retain and motivate the top talent in the area to their firm. You would do well to have Tony and his staffs handle all of your family law work because you sure as heck don't want to go up against them." T. S.
"Thank you for having my best interest at heart."
"He delivered with excellence and amazement." Mr. Taylor did an outstanding job representing us. He was thorough and was more prepared about the case than anyone else in the courtroom. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome as well. I was nervous walking in and didn't know what to expect, but he assured me that our position was favored. He delivered with excellence and amazement. I would recommend him to anyone in need of a competent, well versed and dependable attorney. D.L.
"I won custody and child support." I went to Daniels and Taylor � as a man with a four-year-old son, facing divorce. My world had fallen apart. I was desperate and confused. From the first meeting, I was treated with a level of concern and understanding that I never expected. Jerry Daniels and Tony Taylor provided both professional and personal support that helped me carry on. Their skills as lawyers were vital. Their support as men and fathers was invaluable. During the six months of divorce proceedings and the nearly two years of child custody battle, they fought tirelessly and with passion, against seemingly impossible odds. They saved both my house and my sanity. The most important thing is that they saved my little boy. I won custody and child support. I never felt that I was just a client. Although they are attorneys with vast experience and knowledge, they were always regular guys to me. They were plain spoken and direct. They did not waste my time or money. I will never forget what these men did for my little boy and me. God forbid that I will ever need their unique blend of personal caring and professional aggression again, but if I do, I will call Daniels and Taylor. I.A.