Gwinnett County Family Law Attorneys
Family-Focused Representation in Lawrenceville & Beyond
Chances are that when you are facing a family law matter, you will not be coming to us in your best emotional state. Decisions are hard to make when you are facing highly personal issues. You need an advocate who focuses on your rights while maintaining high standards of professionalism and integrity. In your time of need, turn to the team at Daniels & Taylor, P.C.
Our Family Law Services
At Daniels & Taylor, P.C., our family law attorneys in Gwinnett County stand by you during difficult times and help you make those difficult decisions.
Our family law practice includes the following:
- Uncontested divorce — While the process is more cooperative, you still need a family law attorney to help with all the details of your divorce. Just because your divorce is uncontested does not mean you should forsake protecting your rights.
- Family Violence/Temporary Protective Order— Domestic violence victims and those wrongly accused of violence can come to us for legal support. Whether we are protecting the safety of the abused or the rights of the alleged abuser, we aggressively pursue the facts and present them to the court in a clear manner.
- Contested divorce — Attorney Tony A. Taylor, a co-founder of our firm, has the experience to handle the most complicated and contentious of divorces. You need a strong and ethical advocate to fight for a favorable outcome.
- Child custody and modifications — Since child custody is considered by many parents to be the most important issue, we work diligently to look out for the best interests of the child.
- Child support — Money matters can turn a cooperative divorce into a courtroom battle. Our job is to gather all the facts and calculate child support to ensure your children's needs are met now and in the future.
- Enforcement/contempt — If your ex-spouse is not following the divorce decree or custody order, we can assert your rights.
- Alimony — Also known as spousal maintenance, we have the experience and knowledge to help you through questions regarding monetary payments to (or from) your ex-spouse to maintain your expenses after your divorce.
- Property division — As you divorce, all property you acquired during the marriage is subject to equitable division. Our attorneys can help you with a plan to divide marital property and advise you of your legal rights.
- Paternity - Paternity actions are brought to establish a biological father's duty to pay child support.
- Legitimation — Legitimation actions are brought to establish a father's right to custody and parenting time.
- Fathers' rights — The rights of fathers are becoming more prominent and accepted in our courts. In many cases, fathers can provide an equally supportive and nurturing environment for their children. We will fight to tell your side of the story and protect your rights regarding custody, visitation, and support.
- Adoption — It is a joyous occasion to add a new child to a family. However, adoption can be a long and complicated road. Our attorneys can help you navigate the adoption process and avoid legal pitfalls along the way.
- Grandparents' rights — Like fathers, the rights of grandparents in having custody and access to their grandchildren are increasingly recognized in Georgia courts. Our attorneys work diligently to have your story heard
- Qualified Domestic Relations Orders — As part of a property settlement, QDROs can be used to transfer or divide funds between pension plans and retirement plans.
Consult with Daniels & Taylor, P.C. Today
From our office in Lawrenceville, our lawyers represent clients in communities throughout Gwinnett County. With a reputation for success and a team of dedicated professionals, we can help your family overcome any challenge you are facing.